Our Coaching Team:
Billy O'Connor and Veronica Murphy
As one of our clients recently testified, the first thing you will notice about the TDP coaching team is that they have "been there and done that".
We are highly experienced, mature, practical and direct. Our priority is to serve and we are highly conscious that when we coach individuals, that we not only maintain and protect self-esteem, personal pride and value, we also enhance. We instill confidence. We provide insights by encouraging you to look in the mirror, be aware of your personality style/temperament/behaviour while challenging you on your attitudes and beliefs.
The road you have travelled is unique. The learning that you have gained is special to you and we assist in identifyingif there are gaps in this learning portfolio for your future goals. Take courage to outside your comfort zone, you will receive personal attention from our team, having someone to give you honest feedback, helping you to set your goals and achieve them , and above all, having someone that will maintain confidentiality on the journey. Success is about goals, self belief, self-confidence and having someone in your corner, unbiased, honest and frank yet with an inspiring approach to help you achieve.
B.Comm., FCA, Managing Director, The Discovery Partnership Limited (TDPL)
• Billy qualified as a Chartered Accountant with KPMG and, in a career spanning over 30 years, has been working within a wide range of business sectors including senior executive roles in financial services and banking to the mid-90s.
• Billy is an experienced facilitator and trainer specialising in partnering with SME owner-managers and has provided business development and advisory service to a wide range of organisations including the enterprise boards of Cork City, South Cork, West Cork and DLR (Dun Laoghaire/Rathdown), University College Cork Ignite Programme, University of Limerick RED Programme, Limerick Institute of Technology FAST and John Hartnett Enterprise Acceleration Centre.
• In 2009, he was appointed National Director of Enterprise Builder, a joint TDPL and Bank of Ireland initiative that matches independent, external mentors with SME clients of the bank offering free, impartial diagnostics, advice and support. TDPL are the main contractors, administrators and providers of the service across Ireland.
• Mentor/facilitator with numerous SME support agencies including, New Frontiers Programme Start Up, Chartered Accountants Ireland on Financial Accounts, Advocate Panel Enterprise Ireland, Skillnets.
• Experience in developing, assessing investor ready business plans, preparing candidates for pitching and assessing investor pitches. This includes both training and mentoring (New Frontiers, LEAP incubation programmes, HBAN Angel Network, Enterprise Start Bootcamp, TESS incubation programmes, IGNITE Programme and Sprint UCC)
Billy is the author of 2143 coaching methodology that since 2001 helped transform hundreds of organizations and professionals across Ireland and America.
- B. Comm. (Accounting /Marketing), University College Cork and MBA in Strategic Management and Strategic HRM.
She has a Diploma in Employment Law and is an Accredited Mediator in Commercial and Civil Mediation. She is also an IITD accredited trainer and facilitator. She currently tutors participants in
- She has 22 years combined experience with international and indigenous companies in a number of sectors- Medical Device, Pharmaceutical, In Vitro Diagnostics,ICT, Retail and Banking. She has held positions at senior management level at General Management level, Manufacturing and Sales Operations, Product Development, Human Resources, Exporting/Sales Development in 36 international regions in international organisations.
- Her key expertise lies in Leadership development, high performance team development, strategy, business scalability, business acquisition/mergers, start up’s, product commercialisation, licensing and setting up international export sales/marketing operations. She also has specific specialisation in mediation, conflict management and resolution.