Why corporate coaching
It is no secret that today’s corporate world is more demanding, more competitive, and busier than ever before. That said, it comes as no big surprise that those in the corporate sector often experience bouts of stress, burnouts, and other everyday doldrums, which is why it’s paramount to have a corporate coach on your sidelines.
A corporate coach will not only help you keep stress and burnout at bay, but also give you tools to help you give your best effort. Of course, great effort leads to best performance and higher productivity. So, if you are working with a corporate coach or you’re looking for a specialist who will help you take your corporate career a notch higher, see to it that these ten aspects are always apparent in your coaching relationship.
Who is a corporate coach - definition
A corporate coach is professional who’s trained and equipped to coach towards achieving organizational goals. They usually coach an organization, concentrating mainly on the corporate/executive team and the organization’s mission, vision, strategy and values.
How to find the right executive and corporate coach
#1 The Coach Must Be Prepared and Well Organized
Garnering coaching services is a huge investment for an organization and its corporate team. For the team to get the best out of the corporate coaching experience, the coach must employ a systemized, ordered, planned, holistic, and well-structured approach. This way, the coach can easily communicate her or his investment in the entire process.
#2 The Coach Must be Able to Bring Out the Best in You
Although it is your responsibility to bring out your best effort, you want a coach who will definitively help you achieve. In fact, it's the coach's duty to offer the best, to inspire you to reach your level best.
#3 Exhibit Consistency
The coaching approach should never be arbitrary to the employee or team. It should be consistent. The coaching strategy and methodology should be straightforward and process oriented, encompassing four key elements: monitoring, standards, analysis and feedback. A great coach should be able to continuously analyse what you are doing and offer feedback intended to change, modify or alter your actions positively. In short, there isn’t a haphazard approach to corporate coaching; it has to be trustworthy, reliable and consistent.
#4 Must Offer Holistic Coaching
A holistic coaching coaches the whole person, instilling your inner passion and allowing you to reach incredible levels of best effort. It's only this way that you can channel all your four energies of leadership towards achieving organization goals.
# 5 The Coach must Tap Into Both Your Strengths and Weaknesses
A great coach cares about harnessing the "whole" person, not just your strengths. Much like an athletics coach, your coach must tap into individual strengths to help you churn out the best possible productivity from the organization, both as an individual and as a team.
# 6 Abundance of Skills, Experience, and Knowledge
As you might already know, excellent coaches are skilled and knowledgeable. They know your industry, including your individual niches. But of more importance, they understand the process and techniques that deliver success. Perhaps it's known, but it's skills coupled with the knowledge that produces success your coaching approach should encompass the two elements.
#7 Balanced and Fair Feedback System
A raft of research initiatives has shown that people tend to give negative feed 5 times more than positive. Your coach should know this and try to nip it in the bud. He or she should be able to offer candid feedback. But more significantly, an excellent coach can dilute positive with valuable feedback. There should be no mix of message, avoiding any confusion in the process.
#8 Exhibit Tolerance and Patience
It's perhaps understood, but most individuals tend to resist change, even if it's for good. Altering and developing habits take some time. And a good coach knows this. Sometimes mistakes are made. A great coach, however, must be tolerant and patient of these errors but focused to achieve the change.
#9 The Coach Must be Realistic
Coaching is all about results, but being realistic is also as important. A great coach knows when the coaching approach isn't working. He or she should also know when to quit and when to stay put.
#10 Should Be More Than Coaching
The coach shouldn't stop offering help when the clock stops. He or she should send follow up materials to facilitate the process. Also, the coach should be able to connect you with valuable contacts and offer assistance with other resources such as legal, accounting, and much more.
Do you need an executive or corporate coaching services?
Contact us to discuss your requirements and how we can help.
- Nov 20, 2017 Sales Coaching Series, Part 11: Is all buying "emotional"? Nov 20, 2017
- Nov 13, 2017 Sales Coaching Series, Part 10: The power of asking “killer” questions and LISTENING Nov 13, 2017
- Nov 6, 2017 Sales Coaching Series, Part 9: How do you build strong business relationships? Nov 6, 2017
- Nov 1, 2017 Sales Coaching Series, Part 8: Why do I have to waste all this time on relationship-building? Nov 1, 2017
- Oct 23, 2017 Sales Coaching Series, Part 7: Knowing how and where to spend your time and energy in sales Oct 23, 2017
- Oct 16, 2017 Sales Coaching Series, Part 6: 24 things of which you need to be self-aware when selling Oct 16, 2017
- Oct 9, 2017 Sales Coaching Series, Part 5: People like being sold to by people they like! Oct 9, 2017
- Sep 30, 2017 Sales Coaching Series, Part 4: You become what you think about most of the time! Sep 30, 2017
- Sep 25, 2017 Sales Coaching Series, Part 3: Pareto is alive and well...and lives in selling! Sep 25, 2017
- Sep 17, 2017 Sales Coaching Series, Part 2: Being and Staying Positive Sep 17, 2017
- Aug 17, 2017 Sales Coaching Series, Part 1: The Deep Psychology Behind Selling Aug 17, 2017
- Apr 18, 2017 Insider Tips on How to Find the Perfect Coach Apr 18, 2017
- Mar 7, 2017 In Conversation with Billy O Connor Accountancy Ireland Mar 7, 2017
- Dec 20, 2016 Key Aspects of an Excellent Corporate Coaching Services Dec 20, 2016
- Dec 20, 2016 Could You Company Stand to Benefit from the Allure of Corporate Coaching? Dec 20, 2016
- Dec 20, 2016 Team Effectiveness - 6 Ways to Improved Leadership and Manage a Team Effectively Dec 20, 2016